Me and little baby Zara.
Hey there people and Happy Thursday to you. I hope life is treating you kindly, whatever is going on for you at the moment. I have had a busy week since getting home - shopping, cleaning, Dr's Appointments plus getting to meet little baby Zara. Such a cutie eh?
I have also been creating a Google + page for the blog. I'll tell you more about that once I have it completed. I entered a contest to win a lovely Owl - you can see him over on my sidebar. Such a cutie too!!
You will also see this link:
I wrote a TED talk for the Essay contest recently posted on Stratejoy, and I was selected as a finalist! Just click on the link on my sidebar to view my essay or click here. I will be enlisting your help come 13th September as I will need lots of lovely votes in order to win the competition.
In the last couple of weeks I have also been nominated for two different blog awards. One nomination came from the lovely Mayra from Ponder Wonders for a Versatile Blogger Award. My third one - can you believe it? Thanks Mayra!
I was also nominated for a Sunshine Blogger Award by Tricia at Today With the Tennerys. Thanks Tricia!! So, here are the rules I must follow in order to accept such a prestigious prize:
1. Include award logo in a post or on your blog page.
2. Answer (10) questions about yourself (*the same ones that I answer below).
3. Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers.
4. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog, letting them know about the award.
5. Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
Ten Questions and Answers:
1. What would you most like to change about yourself?
My self critical tendencies. They sometimes get in the way of me achieving things at all.
2. What is your theme song?
"Something in the Water" by Brooke Fraser. Love it!
3. One part of your life, a memory, action, etc. that you wish you could surgically remove from your brain?
Eating too much in sixth form college. I've never quite gotten my figure back since then!
4. What generation do you wish you had been a part of?
I would like to have been born in the 1960's I think. Flower power and all that.
5. What was your favorite childhood toy?
Ooh. Tough one. I liked to read a lot - so it might have been a book. Or my doll - who I named Diana Ross.
6. What is your favorite housecleaning chore?
I like the feeling I get once it's all done. Does that count?
7. Do you Twitter?
I tweet too much. Oops!
8. Any goals?
I want to complete the Insanity workout series. That's my newest most immediate goal.
9. Do you really drink margaritas all the time?
I have never drunk margarita!!
10. What is the ugliest car you've ever driven and were embarrassed to be seen in?
I once got a lift in an old fashioned Lada. But I've never really owned an ugly car. I have an old Suzuki Swift just now - but I don't think it's ugly!!
My Sunshine Nominees are:
English at Be Freckled
J at An Unstyled Life
Mom to Memphis and Ruby
Mayra at Ponder Wonders
Sewing for Utange
Edi from Memories for Life Scrapbooks
Blair at A Case of the Mundays
If you haven't already checked out these ladies - I urge you to do so.
Have a great day people!!
ps. Don't forget to come back tomorrow and link up all things Etsy - stores too!!