hey there people and happy christmas eve eve to you! i hope you are well, wherever in the world you may be. today i wanted to share with you my final diy gift idea for 2013, and it is a simple one that you could still get ready in time for christmas day! people love photographs and memories, and they love having those memories displayed in their homes. this little diy is an ideal gift for any loved one, and it shows some thought and consideration from you to your special someone.
you will need: a canvas, a photo or photo collage printed in reverse, clear gel medium, a paintbrush and a water spray bottle.
1. cover your blank canvas with a good layer of clear gel medium.
2. add your photo on top of your layer of gel medium, printed side facing down. this is why you need to print off your photo in reverse :) to print in reverse, just go to printer properties, advanced and reverse printing when you print it off. i chose a high quality image and printed it onto ordinary printer paper for my canvas.
3. leave to dry - i left mine overnight.
4. now it is dry it is time to peel and reveal! simply spray with water and leave for a minute to soak in.
5. carefully peel away the paper, revealing the antique look image underneath.
ta -da! your lovely photo canvas is ready!
i covered mine with an extra layer of gel medium so that it would be more durable and left it to dry overnight once more.
this was a present for my gran last christmas and she loved it. i hope you decide to make a photo canvas for your loved ones.
have a great day lovely people!